Tehran (IQNA)- 12th annual ‘Journey Through the Quran’ Course will be held in University of London
Quran Study Group presents its
12th annual ‘Journey Through the Quran’ Course (2019).
The course will give an overview of the structure, themes and guidance contained in each of the 114 chapters of the Noble Qur’an.
In particular, this subjects will be looked at:
- how Surah names are related to each Surah and the historical contexts of their revelation (Asbab al-Nuzul);
- the inter-textual relationship and coherence (Nazm) between verses of each Surah and the relationship with preceding / following Surahs;
- cross-referencing to other parts of the Qur’an in order to demonstrate how the “Qur’an explains the Qur’an”;
- explanation of key passages in each chapter; practical guidance and lessons that can be derived from each Surah;
- We will also be discussing linguistic and stylistic devices (Balaghah) used in the Qur’an, and some of the problems with translation and having alternative plausible interpretations;
Dates: Sat 11 May- Sun 12 May 2019 & Sat 18 May- Sun 19 May 2019
Times: 9.30am- 5.30pm
Tutor: Hafiz Abdullah Muhammad
Venue: Birkbeck College (University of London).